Stamford Connecticut Juvenile Defense Attorney
Protecting the Rights of Juveniles and Young Adults in Fairfield and Norwalk CT
The Law Offices of Daniel P. Weiner represents teenagers, college students and other young people who are facing criminal charges or facing expulsion from school. We know that as a parent you worry about what will happen to your child in the present matter and how it will affect his or her future.
While the juvenile justice system is designed to protect your minor child's constitutional and legal rights:
- You cannot assume your child will be treated fairly. Without an effective defense, the prosecutor's version of events may prevail.
- You cannot assume your child will get leniency. Your minor child could be sent away for a year or more. Your adult child could get jail or prison time. The court may not suggest diversion programs, treatment and other available alternatives.
- You cannot assume this will all "go away" when your child turns 18 or turns 21. The criminal record can affect driving privileges, college admission, scholarships and careers.
For all these reasons, you need an experienced attorney like Daniel P. Weiner to navigate your son or daughter through the juvenile or adult criminal justice systems to achieve the most favorable outcome. Our law firm represents young people in Stamford, Greenwich, Darien, New Canaan, Westport, Bridgeport and throughout Fairfield County, Connecticut. Contact a Stamford juvenile lawyer to arrange a free consultation today.
Experienced Counsel for Juvenile and Young Adult Matters
Attorney Weiner has practiced law in Fairfield County since 1977, as a former juvenile prosecutor, as a public defender and in private practice. He is uniquely qualified to represent young people who need juvenile court defense or criminal defense in adult court. Mr. Weiner has handled every level of offense:
- Underage drinking and DUI
- Marijuana possession and other drug charges
- Traffic crimes (speeding, reckless driving, racing, hit-and-run)
- Vandalism and graffiti
- Theft and burglary
- Juvenile sex crimes, including sexual assault
- Violent crimes
Your teenager may face expulsion or exclusion from high school for criminal offenses, for bullying behavior or for truancy, threats or disruption. Mr. Weiner is experienced in handling school board disciplinary hearings.
Our firm also represents college students accused of crimes on campus which may result in both criminal charges and school disciplinary actions as well as college students who get in trouble with the law while home on break in Connecticut.
Major Felony Crimes
If your teenager is accused of a major felony, he or she may be tried as an adult or treated as a youthful offender. Mr. Weiner represents youths who have been charged with serious felony crimes such as sexual assault, weapons offenses and burglary.
Here to Answer Your Questions: Contact a Fairfield County Lawyer for Juvenile and Young Adult Matters
Contact us by e-mail or by calling 203-348-5846. Our Stamford juvenile lawyer provides honest, straightforward counsel to young adults and parents of minors.
Follow the links below for additional information: